Gold creeper is not only extraordinarily decorative, but at the same time hardy and unpretentious. Thanks to these qualities, it is ideal for novice florists, delighting with rapid intensive growth, elegant foliage, responsiveness to care. Moreover, the plant is able to withstand for some time the mistakes of beginners without special losses for themselves.
The creeper is a fast-growing liana hailing from the tropics. Habitats of wild species of waterfalls - South America, Southeast Asia, the islands of the Pacific Ocean. In nature, the length of the vine reaches 10-15 meters. In an apartment its dimensions are more modest, but in large and high premises, for example, the halls of institutions, sanatoriums, theaters, it can catch up with its wild counterparts.
Among the various types of forest trees, the most decorative and perfectly adapted for home breeding is the garden flower. Pictus, its two species, the painted tree plant and the gold plant, have unusually beautiful pinnate foliage. In the painted leaves are covered with silvery patterns and light villi, giving them volume and velvet. The gold-colored sheet plates of the fellow are covered with a marble pattern of various yellow shades, as if the sun shines on them.
Money plant - home care
With good care, gold seedlings grow at a speed of 1-2 meters per season.
It is grown in outdoor pots with a support, in hanging pots, decorating their walls, used to create vertical green partitions for zoning rooms.
As a support for the plant, you can use a special pipe filled with moistened sphagnum to supplement the liana.
Attention! All types of money sticks are poisonous, so they are placed in places inaccessible to children and animals, and when working with them observe safety measures.
Lighting, temperature, humidity
Money Cards prefers bright lighting, but feels great in the shade. Nevertheless, in all should be respected measure. The flower should be protected from aggressive sunlight on the south windows, otherwise the foliage will turn pale and crumble. And with strong shading, the attractive leafiness of the leaves disappears, they will become a normal green color.
The most comfortable way is for gold on the window sills of windows facing east and west. On the south side of the plant, it is necessary to shade, and on the north - to illuminate with daylight lamps, providing them with a 10-hour light day. In brightly lit rooms, the tower can be placed up to two meters from the windows.
A flower plant in summer prefers a temperature ranging from + 19ºC to + 26ºC, in winter - from + 15ºC to + 20ºC. It can withstand short-term cooling to + 10ºC.
Tropic native likes high humiditytherefore in the hot summer and during the heating season need to spray a couple of times a week or wipe the leaves with a damp sponge. Your pet will be pleased with a warm shower that reminds him of tropical downpours. It not only improves the state of the foliage, but is also the prevention of pest infestation.
To increase the humidity of the flower pots set in pallets with wet clay or placed on the windowsill of a bowl with water.
Make sure that the plants are not exposed to dry hot air from heating devices and cold - from air conditioners and open windows.
Watering and feeding
Watering vines requires regular and abundant. But you can not flood the plant: excess moisture leads to rotting of the roots. Therefore, remove excess water from the pan, and monitor the condition of the lower leaves. If droplets of water appear on them, this indicates the overmoistening of the soil or the increased humidity of the air, for example, before rain.
The frequency of watering should be such that the top soil has time to dry. The fact that the plant should be urgently watered, signaling drooping leaves.
Water for irrigation take thawed, spring, filtered or tap water, separated by at least a day.
In the spring and summer period, the feedstock is fed twice a month with fertilizers for vines or solutions of complex mineral or organic fertilizers. The recommended dose is halved. In the cold season, they feed up every one to two months. Make a top dressing should be only in a moist soil. In order not to burn the roots of the flower, fertilize a few hours or a day after watering.
Young vines are transplanted annually during the first three years. Adults need transplanting plants once every three years. Spend it in spring as follows:
- Pick up a wide shallow pot in which several plant specimens will freely accommodate. It should be 3-4 cm more than the previous one. Too large capacity is not worth taking, because the soil is not filled with roots will turn sour, and this leads to rotting of the roots.
- At the bottom of the pot fill 3-4 cm of drainage. This may be expanded clay, pebbles, foam, broken brick.
- The soil should be loose, light, with a neutral or slightly acid reaction. You can use ready-made universal soil mixture or prepare it yourself from equal parts of humus, peat, leaf soil and sand. In the ground, you can add chopped pine bark, charcoal, sphagnum moss, perlite.
- Cut the roots of the transplanted vines to a third. This stimulates the development of the root system.
It is possible to propagate seedlings throughout the year with top and stem cuttings or layering. Rooting takes place slowly in winter; therefore, the best time for breeding is spring and summer.
- use a sharp knife to cut the vine onto the cuttings at a 45-degree angle so that each has 2–4 leaves,
- for rooting, place them in water. You can immediately put in the sand, soil or peat, pre-cut processing means for rooting,
- cover cuttings to create a greenhouse effect, cover with plastic bags or glass jars,
- place the pots with cuttings in a bright and warm place. Be sure to air these improvised greenhouses daily for 10 minutes. The process of formation of the root system lasts about 2-3 weeks.
- On the liana there are air roots that can be used to form the root system. Put the drainage layer and the soil into the pot for rooting. Put it next to an adult flower.
- Escape with a spine put in a pot with soil, secure with a pin, sprinkle with soil and pour.
- After a few weeks, the shoot will form a root system. Use a sharp knife to separate the layers from the mother plant. Rules for caring for him are the same as for adult plants.
Money plant does not branch, even if pinching escape. To create a lush composition, several cuttings are planted in a pot.
In aging plants, the lower leaves die off and fall off, leaving a bare stem. Leaflets can fall asleep due to lack of or excess light, moisture, lack of nutrients and other care errors. Liana loses attractiveness and becomes like a lace. It is impossible to restore the foliage, so one way out is to root new cuttings.
Possible problems, diseases and pests
Money stanchion is hardy and unpretentious. For a while, it can withstand small mistakes in care, for example, short-term overdrying of an earthen clod. The limped leaves that have lost their elasticity will return their former appearance some time after watering.
However, prolonged disregard for the conditions of maintenance and care of the flower leads to more serious problems, which are signaled by the following symptoms:
- Yellowing leaves most often causes nutritional deficiencies. Feed your pet with a solution of any complex mineral or organic fertilizer.
- Dry ends of leaves because of too dry air. Perhaps the flower is exposed to hot air from the heaters.
- Dry and wrap the tips of the leaves. can because of watering hard, not defended tap water. Transplant a flower in a new soil and then water it with water that has been separated for at least 24 hours.
- Loss of feathering The gold balance is a result of poor light. Place the flower closer to the light source or arrange artificial lighting.
- Leaf fall can be provoked by drafts, lack of light, power. Find a possible cause of falling leaves and fix the problem.
- Black spots on the leaf plates, rotting of the stem is possible due to an overabundance of moisture. Adjust the mode of irrigation, and in advanced cases transplant the plant in a new soil.
- Foliage pales and loses color due to an excess of bright sun. Shade a flower or place in a place inaccessible to direct sunlight.
- Stems of vines lengthen sharply.i, the distance between the leaves increases - this happens with excessive fertilization, in particular nitrogen. Reduce the number of dressings. Check whether the correct concentration of the solution you apply.
Inadequate plants weaken and become vulnerable to disease and pests. The most frequently affected species are pests:
- Red spider mite - the leaves become whitish, lose their color, a lot of bright dots appear on them, the whole vine is covered with spiderwebs. Treat the plant with any drug: Apollo, Omite, Marshal, Actofit, Sunmite, Fitoverm.
- Thrips - leaves lose color, their edges are covered with dotted pricks. Leaf plates partially or completely brown. Insects are very small (up to 1.5 mm in size) and jumping. Treat insecticides with Carbofos, Fitoverm, Decis or onion and garlic extract.
- Shchitovka look like small brown specks on the back of the leaves. The leaves themselves are covered with a sticky coating. Apply insecticides: Fitoverm, Arrivo, Fufanon, Permethrin, Actellic. With minor lesions, homemade folk remedies are used: pepper, onion and garlic extracts.
- Aphid - leaves are twisted and deformed, shoots are bent, the plant becomes sticky. In case of minor damage, use traditional methods of struggle: treatment with an aqueous solution of soap (economic), peppermint, tobacco, wood ash, garlic. In advanced cases, use insecticides: Decis, Fitoverm, Aktellik, Inta-vir, Karate, Iskra.
- Mealybug - shoots and leaves are deformed, leaf plates become discolored, whitish lumps can be found under the leaves themselves and in the sinuses. From folk remedies, use a solution of household soap, infusion of garlic, a decoction of tubers of cyclamen. Of insecticides against the mealybug, Decis, Fitoverm, Vermitek, Fosfamid, Thiofos, Fozalon and Actellic are effective.
A creeper is a natural, nature-created filter that cleans the air of dust and dirt. Phytoncides released by him destroy microbes. Moreover, it is one of the few plants that can purify the air from xylene and formaldehyde, toxic nitrogen and sulfur compounds.
The ability to withstand temperature changes and high levels of humidity makes it indispensable for kitchen rooms, where the air is filled with combustion products, steam from pans, harmful volatile compounds released under the influence of high temperatures from furniture and linoleum. If the windows of your apartment overlook a dusty street with heavy traffic or a smoker lives in the house, then you simply need a sanctuary.
From a feng shui point of view, money transfer is also very useful. With his energy, he clears the surrounding space of negative energy, improves logical thinking, increases creativity and intellectual potential. The plant helps to overcome laziness, relieve tension, remove aggression.
It is worth emphasizing once again the high decorative qualities of the flower. An unpretentious, fast-growing and at the same time spectacular golden seedling is capable of greening a room in a short time, turning it into an exotic corner of the jungle.
He also “Epipremnum Golden” or “Golden Potos” at home can grow stalks up to 5 meters long. Its bright green leaves are decorated with yellowish strokes and stripes.
The photo shows the flower “Gold leaves” (Potos) with proper care at home:
It has dark green foliage, dotted with light silver spots and splashes. It doesn’t differ from the “Golden Color” at home care.
The photo shows the Painted Flower (Potos) with proper care at home:
Is it possible to keep Scandapsus at home (Potos)?
Therefore, the vine should not be placed where it can get pets and small children.
In addition, there is a belief of obscure origin, attributing this plant to the category of “muzhegeonov”, as if surviving from the house of the representatives of the stronger sex.
In fact, of course, men, if they are going to leave, do it for reasons much more solid than a vine in a pot.
"Money banks", meanwhile, grow beautifully in shady corners, rise on vertical supports, willingly branch, forming lush ampelous garlands, and easily propagate vegetatively.
The video contains a general description of Scandapsus creeper (Potos) and home care recommendations:
This vine does not even belong to shade-tolerant, but to shade-loving plants. The most suitable for her lighting give windows of the north.
"Money banks" can do without the sun at all - they need a white light lampoperating 12 hours a day. True, with a lack of lighting, the variegation of leaves disappears - the picturesque stripes and spots replace an even green color.
Container and soil
The root system of vines develops more in breadth than deepertherefore, a low capacity is chosen for it.
It can be quite broad to plant cuttings to the mother plant and form a lush growth of young shoots.
In order to prevent the stagnation of moisture, which is destructive for “Scrippsus”, the bottom must have a drain hole.
The plant needs a neutral or slightly acidic, fairly fertile and loose soil.
Suitable universal purchased soil with the addition of perlite or one of the mixtures:
- three parts of sod land with one part of leaf and the same amount of sand,
- equal amounts of leafy ground, peat, humus and sand, additionally loosened with perlite.
Planting and transplanting
At the bottom of the pot should be sure to lay a drainage layer of small stones, expanded clay or ceramic fight. Then pour a layer of prepared soil, place straightened creeper roots on top of it and, from time to time, compact it and fill it with an earthen mixture. Water the planted plant.
The frequency of transplantation depends on the age of the vine. Young "Safety Deals" are transplanted annually in the spring. Mature specimens in a year or two.
Watering and humidity
Excessive moisture in the soil is especially harmful to this plant.
Therefore, regular watering with distilled water at room temperature is carried out over the dried top layer of the soil, and the moisture accumulated in the pan drains.
The average frequency of watering in spring and summer is from two to three times a week, in winter - once or twice a week.
Tropical lianas need high humidity, which is provided by spraying with soft water 1-2 times a day, as well as placing the container with the plant on a pallet with wet pebbles or expanded clay.
Scandapsus, which is intensively developing in the spring-summer period, needs fertilizing with a liquid mineral complex every two to three weeks.
In winter, large plants with long stems should also be fed once a month.
At home, the growth rate of the stems of this vine reaches a meter per year, and without forming pruning it quickly becomes small any vertical support.
The pinching and pruning of shoots in the spring and summer period stimulates branching, due to which the “Scandapsus” becomes an attractive ampel bush or forms dense leafy “walls” of the desired size.
Waste after pruning can be used for vegetative propagation.
Possible problems and solutions
Yellow and fall leaves, the stems rot with an excess of moisture in the soil, especially in winter, in combination with a low temperature. It is required to optimize the temperature and humidity conditions.
The tips of the leaves are tuckedbecome brown with insufficient air humidity. The plant needs regular spraying.
Sluggish folded leaves, areas of rotting on the stems - a consequence of the content at a temperature of 12 degrees and below. “Cinches” needs a warmer room. .
Yellowing or falling leaves causes insufficient feeding, a sharp decrease in illumination, drafts. It is necessary to optimize the conditions of maintenance and feed the plant.
Brown spots on leaves and on the edges of the leaf plates occur when there is insufficient watering during the growth period The soil should not be overmoistened, but at the same time, its overdrying is unacceptable.
Выцветание окраски, replacement of green areas with light, “burnt out” occurs under excessive sunshine. It is necessary to rearrange the plant in a more shady place.
Small leaves, losing diversity, elongated shoots develop with a lack of light. Even a shade-loving "Scrippsus" needs lighting of the necessary intensity and duration. Requires permutation or lighting up.
Diseases and pests
Under optimal conditions, the plant is practically not affected by disease.
Low temperatures in combination with high humidity provoke the development of stem and root rot.
If these processes have gone far, you need to prepare cuttings from healthy parts of the vine and root them.
It is necessary to get rid of the rest of the plant and the soil, and then carefully disinfect the empty pot.
Wreckers settling on “Cinches” - scale insects, spider mites, aphids and thrips.
As a first measure, insects are removed with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol and the plant is treated with a soap solution.
However, only systemic insecticides used according to the instructions are finally destroyed by pests.
“Crystallsus” (Potos) is an unpretentious houseplant that can grow intensively in low light conditions and at the same time absorb harmful volatile impurities from the air. Simple care and regular pruning from the tropical liana form ornamental deciduous ampelous bushes or “rugs” of vertical gardening.
Varieties and types
Usually we grow two types of creeper and their varieties.
Gold money The most famous species that can be grown as an ampelnaya plant. In room conditions will grow to 2-3 meters, leathery leaves, sometimes covered with bright spots. Popular varieties:
Painted banknote or pictus variegated plant, the escape of which is gradually covered by pimples. The foliage is oval, petiolate, covered with spots of various shapes. There is a variegated species with less foliage, covered with whitish spots. Popular varieties:
Safety of home care
A plant is a specific plant and you need to know certain rules for caring for it. It is worth noting that, due to the affinity of families, the care for sincapsum and epipremnum is almost the same.
Lighting is not particularly important to this culture. Green foliage varieties can be quietly kept in the shade, but variegated ones are best grown in strong ambient light, since when shaded, they will start to lose spots on the leaves.
Temperatures in summer should be close to 25 ° С, and in winter not lower than 16 ° С, it is desirable that the temperature of the soil should also be not lower than 16 ° С. Make sure that there is no drafts where the sludge grows - he does not like them.
It is not necessary to maintain a special humidity of the air, sometimes you can simply wipe the leaves from dust with a damp cloth.
Aglaonema is another member of the Aroid family; it has similar leaves that are often covered with spots or stripes. To grow this instance healthy, you must follow the guidelines for home care, you will find them in this article.
Types of power supply
Now there are more than 30 species of forest leaves, they differ among themselves by and large the color and shape of the foliage. In the indoor floriculture most often found
- Painted. Differs in matte up to 15 centimeters in length with foliage of a grayish-green shade, covered with silvery spots. The leaf has the shape of a heart. Along the edge of the sheet plate there is also a silver edging. In length, the stem can grow up to 3 m.
- Golden. Characterized by foliage with bright yellow highlights on a green background, the leaves reach a length of 6 to 12 centimeters. It is less naughty of all types of money drops.
The most popular varieties of this species are:
- Golden Queen with almost yellow-golden foliage
- The marble queen is distinguished by the almost white color of the leaves.
- Tricolor, as the name implies, is distinguished by tricolor foliage with cream, green and yellow highlights.
- Neon is distinguished by long leaf plates that resemble spears, brightly lemon hue.
- Forest. Has leaves of green color of the oval extended form.
- Pinnate. In plants in the adult state, openwork holes are formed on the foliage, which turn the foliage into pinnately cut.
- Siamese. Differs large silver-green leaves.
Illumination. Since the money plant came to us from the tropics, it prefers to develop in a bright, but at the same time scattered light. Against artificial lighting, too, has nothing and can develop perfectly in the corner farthest from the window with a sufficient amount of light.
When choosing a place for a flower, remember that the smaller the light, the lower the color intensity of the foliage and, accordingly, the decorative effect. Feels good plant on the west side of the house.
Temperature. This liana is quite a thermophilic plant, so it is important to ensure that the temperature does not fall below 16 degrees Celsius.
At lower temperatures, there is a high probability of rot on the roots and the occurrence of fungal diseases. The optimum temperature for the development of 18 - 25 degrees. When the temperature is higher than 25 degrees a high probability of drying and abscission of foliage.
During the period of active growth, the plant must be watered abundantly and follow the constant soil moisture. At the same time it is important to prevent stagnant water in the soil, which can lead to rotting of the roots.
To do this, during planting you need to take care of the drainage layer and drain the remaining water from the pan after watering. When excessive watering on the back of the sheet formed water drops, this is a signal to the fact that the plant should stop watering.
Cipher prefers to develop in high humidity, it can be achieved by periodic spraying or wiping the leaves of the plant. Once in 7-10 days you can arrange a shower liana.
This will not only increase the decorative effect and additionally moisturize the plant, but also protect it from the appearance of harmful insects.
Top dressing. During the growing season from early spring to late fall, the plant requires additional feeding with any mineral fertilizers. Fertilizers should be applied every two weeks, and in winter should be reduced to once every couple months.
The growth rate of the vines is very high, if you do not form the crown, you get very elongated shoots, which will be more difficult to care for.
In general, the plant grows annually by 40 centimeters. Pruning is best done in the spring. Pinching leads to greater bushiness of the specimen.
For greater bushiness and decoration in one container, you can plant several roots.
A transplant for a young plant is required annually in the first three years. Then transplantation will be required much less frequently - every three years.
A flower pot should be selected based on the size of the previous one, the new one should be 3-4 centimeters larger than before. When choosing, give preference to wide but not deep containers and containers.
The bottom of the tank is covered with a 3-4 cm drainage layer. The ground for the supply must be loose and light. A good option would be a mixture of equal amounts of peat, turf land and humus.
From ready mixes it is better to give preference to the soil for decorative deciduous houseplants.
When transplanting, it is important to also cut the roots into 1/3 part, the cut parts should be powdered with chopped wood ash.
Possible problems with growing
The main reason for all the diseases that can occur in a plant is watering. The flower is harmful and excessive watering and lack thereof. By the appearance of the plant, one can understand what difficulties he has plunged into:
- Black spots appeared on the foliage. It arises from excess moisture. This leads to the decay of small roots. A measure to prevent the occurrence of black spots and rot is to control watering - watering is necessary when the soil has dried 2-3 centimeters from the ground surface.
- The brown hem on the leaves of the plant arises from the dry air in the room. Regular spraying and additional air humidification with open water tanks will help here.
- Foliage becomes less decorative, the pattern on it is not clearly visible. This happens with a lack of light. The plant must be moved to a brighter place or additionally highlighted.
- The foliage is pale, greenish little. This is a sign, on the contrary, an overabundance of light in the room. The plant must be moved from the light source or pritenit.
- Yellowing and dying leaves at the base of the stems. This is a natural process, shoots become bare with increasing plant age. If the leaves are lost too quickly, the plant needs to be fed or tried to provide enough light. Even this situation may occur after finding a plant in a draft.
- A sharp lengthening of shoots with an increase in internodes occurs with heavy and frequent dressings.
- Dry and twisting tips of foliage are observed with an excess of salts in the soil. May occur when using water for irrigation tap water is not settled. Such a plant needs to be transplanted into a new soil and watered with soft water.
Pests. When kept in a dry room on the plant can live spider mite. It can be detected by sticky white bloom on foliage.
The leaves should be washed with soapy water and the plant treated with insecticides. Aphids or thrips can appear on the leaves. They can be easily removed with cotton wool and alcohol solution.
Omens and superstitions
There is a legend among the people that money drops are capable of driving men out of their homes, but this is just a legend. There are many families where this plant grows and lives family well-being.
In the east, it is believed that the banker is able to absorb stagnant energy and overcome laziness, as well as activate creative abilities.
An exotic liana in the wild was first discovered in the tropical forests of the southeast side of Asia. She was originally a inhabitant of the Solomon Islands, Indonesia, the Malaysian archipelago. It took a long time until the money began to spread to other countries with a warm climate.
The flower quickly began to acquire the interest of lovers of home flora. It is considered a win-win option among florists who have no experience. Love a liana for its unpretentiousness, for beauty. Despite the fact that the earth sign of the plant is Virgo, it is also considered to be a fiery-air plant.
There was a slight confusion in the systematics of the tropical creeper, which consists in the fact that the gold creeper in the present period is of a different kind - epipremnum. The new name was assigned in the 60s of the twentieth century. "Epipremnum Golden" - the name recorded in the new directories, is considered more correct.
This flower plant has its own distinctive feature - its leaves are symmetrical. In the “twin” of a scrippus, they are curved and resemble a comma. With proper care of these members of the aroid family, the differences are reduced to a minimum.
Appearance: General Description
The golden tree is a richly branching climbing liana that has aerial roots and flexible branches. Its length sometimes exceeds 4 meters. For the year grows at 35-45cm. The leaves of the plant are of a simple type, shiny, heart-shaped, leathery, color green with a yellow tinge, in appearance - golden. This is especially clearly seen in plants that grow in places with good lighting. The leaves are evenly distributed along the stem on long petioles.
Golden creeper is a tall, grassy, perennial liana. Possesses bisexual flowers in the form of an inflorescence resembling a spadix. Green handsome has many varieties. For example, Marble Queen is the most variegated, over time the color somewhat loses brightness.
There are the following methods of reproduction of golden shindupsus: grafting and layering. The vegetative method is applied throughout the year. For cuttings fit shoots, which must be at least 2-3 leaves. Seedlings are placed in a mixture of peat and sand or in water, then left to germinate in a darkened room. At a temperature of 22-25 degrees Celsius and constant spraying rooting occurs in 15-20 days.
In order to propagate by layering, next to an adult plant should be put a container with the soil. To him to bend the escape, sprinkle one or more nodes with earth and attach the pin. After rooting aerial roots, cut the stem, then add a little bit of soil to strengthen the seedlings.
Features care and maintenance
Most gardeners consider Scrippsus golden a hardy and unpretentious plant to grow. Indeed, taking care of him at home does not provide any difficulties. But some features for the care of this representative flora exist.
- Lighting. The main advantage of the plant is an indifferent attitude to lighting. It can calmly grow in darkening. In bright ambient light will be stronger, proportionally developed, with beautiful bright leaves. It is necessary to be afraid of direct access of sunshine which cause burns.
- The temperature of the room. The main condition of care is to prevent sudden changes in temperature and to protect against proximity to all factors reducing humidity, including heating devices. Sincapsus calmly refers to the temperature: the minimum should be within 15 degrees of heat, the maximum - 20 degrees in summer, in winter - + 13-16.
- Air humidity. It is not advisable to allow the plant to be kept in a room with hot and dry air, which is a tropical inhabitant and loves high humidity. It is recommended to spray in the winter once a week, in the summer every two days, and also wash with warm water to clean the dust.
- Watering. In the summer, it is necessary to water the plant every five days. In winter, the frequency of watering reduced to one per week, at moderate temperatures, this will be enough. For watering you need to use soft distilled water.
- Top dressing. Practically for feed, fertilizing is not needed. But, nevertheless, in the period of intensive growth it is allowed to apply complex fertilizers once every two weeks, in winter time - once a month or even less often.
- Crop. To give an attractive appearance, the vine should be cut to cause branching, or pinch the tops of the shoots. Then she will be attractive and fluffy.
Conscientiously following these rules of care, you can see your flower healthy and elegant.
Problems in growing vines
The problems faced by flower growers during the growth of gold seedlings are not significant, but there are:
- Stalks rot and leaves fall. The reason for this is the overmoistening of the soil. It is necessary to urgently adjust the amount of water for irrigation, significantly reducing it.
- The leaves lose their shape and begin to curl. This trouble is due to lack of moisture. Enough to increase watering.
- Leaves lose their natural color, fade. The reason is the sharp temperature fluctuations in the room. To remedy the situation, it is necessary to maintain a constant temperature, do not place the pot with the plant near the heating devices, avoid drafts.
Use of epipremnum
Decorative evergreen tropical creeper normally fits into different types of rooms, in their styles. It possesses phytoncides with high bactericidal energy, which are able to destroy pathogenic microorganisms. It is an effective natural environment cleaner. The mere presence of scindapsus in the room helps to successfully cope with formaldehyde, xylene, resulting in improved air quality.
Cinches has the ability to melt the inertia, get rid of laziness, positively acting on the energy of the house. This vine has good and benefits for people. Gold cues helps to improve the body's metabolism, accelerates it and burns diseases. Especially well these abilities are manifested in case of stagnation in the intestine, which it prevents, and also does not allow the appendix to clog. Contact with the plant helps to get rid of any disease of the abdominal cavity.
Liana is used for landscaping offices and office space. Superstitious flower growers are not in a hurry to replenish their home collection with such a plant. Stops the fear attributed to her "bad energy". If you listen to popular rumors, the flower, which is also called “muzhegon”, can save all the men at home of male power or, worse, expel the husband from his wife. There is no reason to be afraid of charms, such force should be manifested only by that vine that has blossomed. Growing up at home, she has never been pleased with the color.
Together with good qualities, there are also negative sides. Vine juice contains poison, which, if ingested, can cause poisoning of the body, and inflammation occurs on the skin when it comes into contact with it. In homes where small children are present, it is not desirable to grow money, or to place it in inaccessible places. Four-legged pets should also be protected from contact with the plant, they sometimes gladly feed on beautiful leaves.
Cipher probably everyone knows. For a long time he has taken an honorable place in the homes of lovers of exotic ampelous plants.If someone wants to buy a fast growing, not requiring special attention liana, this flower will be the most suitable option.
It is necessary to water the vine throughout the year, but moderately, if in winter the temperature in the room decreases, then watering is reduced.
Use the need for separated water at room temperature. If droplets began to appear on the leaves below, this indicates a surplus of moisture and watering should be reduced.
Young plants need an annual transplant, when the roots occupy all the space in the pot. For older plants, transplanting is done once a couple of years - three years, while cutting too long stems.
The soil should be humus, loose, you can buy a ready-made mixture for decorative leafy plants, and you can make yourself from leaf, humus and peat land in a one-to-one ratio, and perlite is also mixed into the substrate. Do not forget to put a drainage layer on the bottom of the tank.
Scindapsus is propagated by grafting and cutting.
For cuttings pick up the stems with three leaves. Root the material in the sand, mixed with peat, at a temperature close to 24 ° C, regularly moistening the soil. Rooting occurs in 15-20 days.
Laying is done for the standard scheme - the top of the stem with a knot or several is placed in a pot and covered with soil. When the rooting of the air roots takes place, it will be possible to separate the cuttings from the parent and add more substrate to the pot.
The plant is a member of the aroid family. The tropical forests of Southeast Asia, Malaysia, French Polynesia and the island of Java are considered its birthplace. In its natural environment, this plant can reach 15 meters in length. In addition to the underground fibrous root system, the vine has ground aerial roots. They help her wrap around tree trunks, crawl out over large areas and climb stony hills.
Inflorescence scindapsus has an elongated shape, consists of small flowers and wrapped in stipule. This makes it very similar to the ear of corn. Many flower growers think about the money plant: whether it is possible to keep it at home, whether it will grow throughout the whole apartment. Under room conditions, this vine does not stretch more than 4 meters and very rarely blooms. Not all owners of such a green lodger can admire his flowers.
Speaking of this vine as a houseplant, it is worth noting that in the process of photosynthesis it forms and releases phytoncides. These substances have a negative effect on the airborne bacteria in the air, destroying or slowing their spread and development. Also, water balance enriches the air in the house with plenty of oxygen. Such properties allow us to call it a medicinal decorative flower.
In common, it is often possible to hear another name of this plant - muzhegon. He was so baptized because of one omen, allegedly a flower can drive out all the men from the house where he is kept. Of course, this is just prejudice, and if the husband wants to leave the family, then such a desire will cause some serious problems, and not a seed pot in the pot. Moreover, in the East they believe that it is able to absorb all the negative energy, as well as relieve tension and improve the situation in the family.
Caring for such a tenant is very simple.. The plant is completely unpretentious, can grow in both light and dark rooms. Yes, and its temperature requirements are fairly easy to satisfy. For novice gardeners and very busy people, this plant will be an excellent choice.
If at home, money supply brings only benefits, then in natural conditions it can harm the environment, which is why the residents of Florida and Sri Lanka are trying to get rid of such a neighbor.
Golden Potos (Scindapsus aureus)
It is also called the creeper golden - the most numerous and popular species, grown in the form of creeping vine. Admired flower growers for unpretentiousness and beautiful foliage. Its stems can reach two meters in length if the plant is not pruned. Leaves are leathery, smooth, heart-shaped with a sharp tip, 10 to 20 centimeters long. With proper care, you can achieve larger foliage.
The name of the species was due to the golden color of the leaves. Especially bright, spectacular and colorful they will look in good light. If the plant is contained in a dark place, it becomes light green color.
Of all the varieties of the species, you can choose exactly what you like. From each other, they differ in color of leaves:
- Marble Queen (Marble Queen) - the result of the work of breeders from Singapore. Two-colored leaves, on a green background white smears seem to be dispersed.
- Golden Queen (Golden Queen) - each leaf of a plant of this variety is unique, as their patterns are not repeated. Green foliage is decorated with white-yellow or lemon spots, divorces and strokes.
- N-joy - perfectly developed in the penumbra. It can be placed on the shelves as a decorative element. It has an exotic color: on dark green leaves you can see a chaotic pattern in white and silver tones.
- Neon is the owner of a monophonic leaf plate, light green with a lemon shade. The leaves are graceful and delicate, pointed form.
Painted, spotted or pictus
Cinches pictus - different angular stems, covered with small tubercles, warts. It has asymmetrical motley leaves with a white border around the edges, the middle is decorated with specks of silvery shade. The foliage is attached to the stalks with short petioles.
This vine can grow up to a meter in length. On its stems as the growth of green air roots form, then they darken to a brown tint. These roots allow the plant to cling to the supports and hold onto them.
All lovers of curly decorative flowers should take a closer look at the paints painted. He is handsome and unpretentious, and therefore does not cause trouble in the content. Well-groomed and elegant vine will complement the interior of any home. Particularly fond of flower growers are two varieties of spotted potos:
- Exotic - fancy leaves with sides of different lengths are sure to attract attention to the plant. The central vein divides the leaf plate into separate segments. The foliage is painted green and covered with clear silvery inclusions.
- Argyraeus - this sort of small leaves heart-shaped with chaotic specks of silver color across the plate and the border of the same shade.
Wild fellows of this indoor species grow in Indonesia and Sumatra, where they can be found in the marshes and forests.
This graceful creeping plant reaches 6 meters in length. It has a brilliant oval-shaped foliage with sharp tips 4–6 centimeters wide and 10–20 cm long. Short internodes give the plant additional decorativeness.
A plant with a long stem and rather large dissected leaves. Domestic specimens can grow up to 8 meters in length, while creepers of this species reach 40 meters in natural conditions. The sheet plate may be oval or heart-shaped. Foliage is located on the stems completely randomly, because of which in some parts of the trunk voids can occur. The leaves of ornamental vines usually have a finger-like shape.
The habitat of the rain forest is tropical forests, where the sun is shining actively, but the plant prefers to hide from it in the shade of the trees. Therefore, at home it is worth preparing a place for creepers with soft and diffused lighting. This effect can be achieved by curtaining the window with thin gauze or tulle and placing the flowerpot on the windowsill.
In no case do not allow direct sunlight to fall directly on the plant, they can leave burns on its foliage and make you feel worse. It is better to place it in a room whose windows face the west or east side. Sunlight gets there only once a day - in the morning or in the evening.
In the absence of light or only in artificial light, the flower will not die and will continue to grow, but it can slow down the growth, and the leaves will become smaller and change color (patterns will fade).
For varieties with variegated leaves of light you need more than ordinary green species, otherwise these plants will lose their zest. Therefore, when choosing a place for your flower, consider its species and variety.
The banker is well tolerated by the conditions of an ordinary city apartment (19−23 degrees above zero). The main thing is not to contain such a plant in a room with an air temperature below 16 degrees Celsius, otherwise it will turn yellow, discard the foliage and eventually wither. A sharp change in temperature, as well as cold drafts, will also not suit the liana.
Fertilizer and pruning
Once every 2–3 weeks the seedlings should be fertilized. To do this, purchase a special mineral fertilizer for liana plants at the flower shop.
This flower grows quite quickly, reaching large sizes. Regular cutting will help to stop such rapid growth, and pinching will give the liana a more accurate and flourishing look, because it will stop wasting energy on lengthening the stems and will build up the green mass.
Support for creepers
Regular pruning allows you to get a lush bush with neat stems. It does not affect the health of the plant, but some flower growers refuse this procedure, as it is the vines that are interested in growing. In such cases, you need to take care of support for climbing plants.
Young copies of a small arch or ladder, which is installed next to the pot. For adults, vines should prepare a thick plastic tube with holes. If you fill it with soil and send aerial roots to the holes, you can provide the flower with additional nutrition.
Replant young plants should be every year, adults - once every 3-4 years. To carry out this procedure is best during the period of active growth of the plant, namely: in late February - early March. To do this, take a wide pot, to continue to be able to plant additional cuttings to the plant. This will form a lush ornamental shrub.
Creepers love the soil with weak acidity. Prepare for planting a special soil of humus, sheet and peat land with the addition of perlite and expanded clay.
A full-grown overgrown vine will be a smart decoration for any room. And given the simplicity of this plant, it will be quite easy to make such a lively decor at home.